When you are thinking about moving an existing business solution or deploying a new one in the cloud, feeling confident in your decision is critical. One of the best ways to build confidence in your ERP or CRM cloud deployment is to develop trust and confidence in the partner that is taking you there.
Based on the recommendations of experts at CloudTalk and our experience providing Cloud ERP and Cloud CRM solutions, we suggest that you address these 5 issues with your partner before you move forward with your cloud deployment:
- Find out why they trust the cloud provider – Most business management solutions partners will be working with an outside cloud vendor to host your solution. Ask your partner why they chose that provider and what proof or testing they can provide to support that decision.
- Discover Who Will Own Your Data – Sometimes the lower cost cloud business solutions come at the much higher price of you losing ownership of your critical business data. Before you make the move to the cloud, make sure that your data will remain yours and that you will be free to take it with you should you choose to move off of the product or onto an on-premise solution of the same solution.
- Does Your Partner Do Data Encryption? – For many organizations, data encryption is outside the scope of their capabilities on their own. If you don’t currently have to ability to encrypt your most sensitive business data, then selecting a partner that will do this for you can add value, not only to your solution, but also to your entire organization.
- Get a Cost Comparison – The partner you are working with should be able to provide you with a comparison between your costs for your solution if you deploy on-premises, hosted, or in the cloud so that you can be sure you are making the best possible decision for your business.
- Understand Data Recovery – Data loss is a huge interruption to business and any cloud partner will do everything in their power ensure that does not happen. Go beyond just learning about your partner’s recovery services; make sure it works and is tested. Be sure that you understand and are confident in the data recovery process so you know what to expect should your system have a crisis.
A potential cloud partner that can’t or won’t answer any of the questions above may not be the best partner for you.
If you aren’t quite sure if cloud ERP or CRM is the right solution for your organization, we can help you assess your business needs and evaluate your options through a Cloud Impact Assessment (CIA). Request a CIA here: http://www.cloudtechnology.com/cia