29 Sep Dynamics GP 2018 Upgrade Planning
Is it time?
Yes, it is Time!
Dynamics GP 2018 release is December 2017 and it is time to, “Start Planning your Upgrade.”
Planning your upgrade now helps you budget the cost for 2018, gives you time for planning and allows you time to line up the best resources for a smooth transition. In addition, especially, if you are on Dynamics GP 2013 or a previous version you want to be first in line to upgrade.
Dynamics GP 2013 clients and clients of previous GP versions, please be aware that once Dynamics GP 2018 is released there will be a minimal amount of time Microsoft’s mainstream support will be available. Usually only a few months. Afterward, Microsoft will discontinue support for Dynamics GP 2013.
Give yourself enough time to plan! It is very important! Some items to consider, think about, and plan for are listed below.
This list provides you a starting point. Over the next few weeks we will discuss more about upgrades so remember to check back or subscribe to this news feed. In the meantime, if you want to speak with a Socius representative about upgrading and your options contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in mind as you plan:
- Who will be your upgrade resources? (IT lead, user testing lead, project sponsor)
- What Add-ins for Dynamics GP do you currently have
- 3rd party products you currently use
- Integrations to and from Dynamics GP
- Identify any custom code to update
- Which company database(s) to upgrade
- Custom Reports that use GP Data
- Analysis Cubes or SQL Server Reporting Services etc., to update
- Will you move to new services or new server
- Will you want an on premise configuration or Socius hosted configuration
- Will you want virtual or physical hardware
- Terminal server or published application
In addition, over the next few months Microsoft will be releasing the What’s New in Dynamics GP 2018 series. There’s going to be a lot of great new enhancements you will want to take advantage of.